This is your home…
These are your people…
- The Dwarves, or the Stoneborn, are the dominant race on Therra and are only rarely seen upon its face. They prefer to stay impartial to the struggles of the surface folk, instead only establishing limited points of intersection with the surface for trading purposes.
- The Elves, or the Highborn, are a diminished people that many believe extinct. The Highborn are sequestered to the mountain forests and shield their cities magically as if hiding from some unseen foe. Drow, known as Deep Elves, also exist, having long ago splintered from the Highborn and attempted to make a life underground as the dwarves do.
- Humans and halflings, by and large, co-exist in the surface cities and in rural villages. Sometimes a village will be inhabited by only one or the other, but this is uncommon.
- Other races should be cleared with the GM before play.
Unlicensed magic is outlawed
- Licenses are only granted by regional governing bodies
- Licenses are only granted to specific professions (healers)
- Magic outside of these restrictions is heavily stigmatized
- Punishment varies from region to region